Saturday, May 20, 2006

I am not quite as creative as Ryan, but I thought that I would give this blog thing a try anyway. Even though I heard Isaiah's heart beat probably fifteen times or more, every time I heard it, I couldn't help but smile. There is just something about hearing another life inside of you that brings an unexplainable joy.
Yesterday Isaiah and I went to the doctor. For the first time I got to hear our new babies heart beat. Even now, as I type this blog it bring tears to my eyes. It is just a feeling that I can not explain. It is pure joy. There is a healthy little life growing inside me. It is one of the greatest things ever. The only sad part of the doctor visit was that Ryan had to work so he didn't get to experience this with me.
As for Isaiah's visit, he got three shots in his tiny little legs. It is so sad to have to hold him down while they stick the needles in him. Then of course he was really sore all day long. Poor little guy. He is now 26 1/2 inches long and weighs 14 lbs 9 oz. He's still in the tenth percential, but I feel like he is getting so big.
When we got home from the doctor he confirmed how big he's getting for me. He started donig one of the cutest things. He learned how to blow kisses. If you blow him a kiss he will try really hard to pucker his lips and blow a kiss back. Actually, he doesn't quite pucker, it is more like he sucks his bottom lip in and then blows it out making a kissing noise. It is very cute. Just another one of those moments that makes life great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home